Veritas is more than a genetics laboratory. It is a global, energetic start-up with a strong pulse and mission. Veritas believes everyone has the right to actionable genetic information and aims to make genetic testing more accessible and affordable worldwide.
We are seeking a full-time genetic counselor to join our growing team of scientists and genetic counselors whose mission is to empower people to use genomic information to optimize their health. This is a multi-faceted role, with opportunities to provide direct patient care through counseling for whole genome sequencing, support laboratory operations, provide patient and physician education, as well as to support multiple departments across the organization.
As we at Veritas expand our services around the globe, we have a growing need for counselors fluent in other languages and who are experienced working in a variety of cultural settings. Join our team of professionals who truly care and are dedicated to providing responsible genomic testing worldwide.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide tele-genetic counseling to clients who have undergone whole genome sequencing or targeted panel screening.
- Translate educational material, consents and reports into other languages, if applicable.
- Collaborate with scientific and clinical teams to provide state-of-the art interpretation of sequence variants and contribute to report writing.
- Collaborate on team projects including video education, webinars and research.
- Provide support to business development, marketing and design teams.
- Act as medical science liaison with global partners.
- Master’s Degree in Genetic Counseling from an accredited ABGC training program
- ABGC board certified with a minimum of two years of genetic counseling experience.
- Experience in laboratory genetic counseling is a plus
- A background in cancer genetics and/or cardiovascular genetics is desirable.
- Experience with whole genome sequencing and telemedicine is a plus, but willing train the right candidate.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to clearly explain complex medical information in verbal and written form.
- Fluency in one or more languages other than English is a plus.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a matrixed team.
Please submit CV and cover letter to email@example.com for consideration.
Veritas Genetics does not discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, physical or developmental disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.See more →