Veritas is a global leader in accessible genetic testing, however, we are more than just a genetics laboratory. We are a global, energetic start-up with a strong pulse and mission as well as a passion for empowering people to live longer and healthier lives. Veritas believes everyone has the right to actionable genetic information and aims to make genetic testing more accessible and affordable worldwide. We offer patients the opportunity to understand their disease risks and the insights to live longer, healthier lives. It’s no surprise that we were recently named as one of MIT’s 50 Smartest Companies in 2016.
Veritas is seeking a board eligible/certified Clinical Molecular Geneticist or Molecular Pathologist to join our clinical team. This individual will take on a central role in day to day management of the team with key areas including development of a sustainable genomic knowledge management infrastructure and managing regulatory compliance related aspects. Long term goals include developing diagnostic WGS based services. Experience with clinical NGS and ACMG based variant interpretation are a must and additional expertise in bioinformatics is a plus. Veritas supports academic activities including publishing and participation in leading professional bodies such as AMP and ACMG.
- Work with management team to implement and automate best practices for clinical variant curation
- Sign out of clinical reports as needed and as compatible with other commitments
- Establish measures to comply with regulatory agencies, including CAP and NY State
- Interface with Veritas' technical and product development teams
- M.D. or Ph.D. and ABMG certification in Clinical Molecular Genetics or ABMG/ABP certification in Molecular Genetic Pathology. At least 2 years of experience in a clinical laboratory setting.
- Significant experience in molecular genetic testing, including Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technologies, with knowledge of, and experience with, classifying and interpreting genetic variants
- Experience with clinical regulatory requirements
- Basic computational or bioinformatic skills strongly preferred
- Ability to balance and manage multiple tasks and projects independently in a fast paced, matrixed environment.
- Experience working in multidisciplinary team
- Outgoing individual who loves working with people and drives results by outcome orientation and leading by influence
Location: Danvers, MA
To apply, please send your resume and writing sample along with a cover letter to email@example.com.
Veritas does not discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, physical or developmental disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or national origin.See more →