We are always looking for talented individuals who might be interested in joining our passionate, energized and dedicated team of professionals. To apply for any of our current openings below, please see details within the job listing. We do not accept third party solicitation for employment.
- MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST II-III
Veritas is one of Greater Boston’s hottest startups. We have been recognized twice by MIT Technology Review as one of the 50 Smartest Companies in 2016 and 2017, by Fast Company as one of the world’s most innovative health companies in 2018, and by CNBC as one of the Disruptor 50 Companies in 2018 and 2019. We are a group of entrepreneurs, designers, scientists, writers, do-ers. Our mission is to deliver on the promise of the human genome, empowering people to maximize quality and length of life for themselves and their families.
As the first company to introduce whole genome sequencing and interpretation to consumers and their physicians, we lead by relentlessly pushing the boundaries of science and technology while driving down the cost of the genome. Founded in 2014 by leaders in genomics from Harvard Medical School, Veritas operates globally from its offices in Danvers, MA U.S., Europe and China.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs routine high-complexity testing, quality control, calibration, maintenance and proficiency testing in accordance with current laboratory procedures.
- Oversees inventory and ordering of laboratory supplies.
- Documents any problems, issues or information that may be necessary for other testing personnel to be aware of in a Communication Log.
- Participates in validation of and trains on new procedures.
- Take corrective action if Quality Control results are not within acceptable limits. Document all corrective action taken as indicated in established laboratory procedures.
- Informs senior personnel of any problem or issue that affects the reporting of patient results.
- Communicates effectively and fosters teamwork and mutual respect.
- Performs routine review of all laboratory procedures and updates procedures.
- Identifies opportunities for quality and workflow improvements and brings ideas to senior staff.
Skills and Qualification Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Experience with most or all of the following technologies is preferred:
- PCR and qPCR
- Next-generation sequencing library preparation and instrument runs
- Operation of liquid handling systems
- Capillary electrophoresis: Sanger sequencing and fragment analysis
- Integrated laboratory information management systems (LIMS)
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in biological sciences or related field is required
- Experience working in a clinical molecular laboratory highly preferred
- ASCP certification (Molecular Biology) is a bonus, but not a requirement
Location: Danvers, MA
To apply, please send your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com.
Veritas does not discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, physical or developmental disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or national origin.